It is hard to believe that we are already into April! Summer will be here before we know it. Everyone will be visiting the pool and enjoying the sun soon. The Villages of Leacroft Board of Directors would like to take a moment to pass along some important information.
Exterior Maintenance and Upkeep of Your Property
As we move into Spring it is time to start looking at the exterior of your property.
- With the rain and warmer weather, lawns and bushes are growing at a quicker pace. Please remember it is the homeowner’s responsibility to keep your lawn and landscape beds neat in appearance, clean and maintained. Please remember to edge and mow the area between the street and the sidewalk and along your driveway, treat for weeds not only in your lawn but also in your driveway, trim your bushes and trees, and remove weeds from all landscape beds.
- A number of homes have been identified as needing siding maintenance. Please take a moment to walk around your home and inspect the condition of the siding. Please replace any pieces of siding that may be loose or broken and clean any mold/mildew that may be forming on the siding. Don’t forget to look at the areas where you may have brick or stucco material as well.
- Many mailboxes are in need of cleaning/painting/straightening. This includes not only the mailbox but also the post. Information on how your mailbox should be installed/maintained can be found here: http://leacroft.org/mailboxes/.
- A number of homes have been identified as not properly screening their trash cans on the side of their homes. Please remember that stored trash cans should not be visible from the street. A simple screening panel can often times do the trick! These are typically available at any home improvement center. An example of a screen available at Lowe’s can be viewed at: Lowe’s Privacy Screen.
- Please remember that if you are planning any kind of exterior improvement (i.e. significant landscaping that changes the character of the lot, installation of a fence, shed, addition to your home, a change in the paint color of your house, doors or windows) you must submit an ARC (Architectural Review Committee) Request for Review Form and receive approval prior to starting any project.
- The ARC guidelines and Request for Review Form can be obtained here: http://leacroft.org/hoa-downloads/forms/.
- A copy of the Community’s Conditions, Covenants and Restrictions is also located on the website. This is the document that Henderson Properties utilizes when conducting property compliance inspections.
When property inspections are conducted in April, we will be focusing on the above items. Please take some time to evaluate the exterior of your property to make sure that you are keeping it in a neat and presentable appearance. Together, we can continue to keep the Villages of Leacroft one of the most attractive communities in the area!
If you have any questions about this information, please don’t hesitate to contact me at: 704-535-1122 x189 or email: Vicky.Riggs@
HOA Community Manager
Henderson Property Management