***EVENT DATE/TIME Update: This event will now be held on Saturday, 2/12 from 10a-11:30a.***
If you’re registered to pick up trees, your current registration will be valid on February 12th.
The Villages of Leacroft is teaming up with TreesCharlotte to offer free trees through the City’s NeighborWoods program in an effort to achieve a goal of 50% canopy coverage throughout the city by the year 2050. Those residents who live in the Prosperity Village area can register for up to (3) free trees to plant at their homes!
What: TreesCharlotte NeighborWoods program @ Villages of Leacroft
When: Actual event is Saturday, February 12, 2022 from 10a – 11:30a (when you get your trees)
Location to pick up trees: Villages of Leacroft Pool, 4400 Highcroft Lane
Info on the NeighborWoods program including tree species available: https://treescharlotte.org/event/prosperity-village-treeadoption/.
1) You MUST register to receive trees.
2) Registration will close on February 3, 2022 @ 11:59pm
3) Only available to people who live in the Prosperity Village
4) There is a limit of (3) trees, (2) of the same species
Villages of Leacroft residents interested in helping with this event should contact Doug Lape (firstname.lastname@example.org). All others interested in volunteering to assist TreesCharlotte during the event can register as a volunteer when event registration opens on 1/3.
Happy Tree Planting!
Villages of Leacroft community Trick or Treat night is Sun, October 31, 2021 from 6:30p-8:30p. If you’re participating, please remember to turn your front porch light on. Also, remember to use extra caution when driving through the neighborhood on Sunday eve!
March 27th, 7am-12pm
It is time to get busy on your spring cleaning and fill your garage with items to sell at our annual Spring Garage Sale. Details and sign-up info at link below!
Garage Sale Sign-Up
We know your Leacroft events have been impacted by the Covid-19 outbreak along with everything else in your life. So, for those of you missing our annual Spring Fling and Easter Egg Hunt — the Leacroft Event Planning Team (EPT) wants to send you a treat!
“KIDS” of ALL AGES (0-99) can participate in this challenge! (If there is anyone older than this in Leacroft, I would love to know! 🙂 )
Use THIS Scavenger Hunt sheet to collect as many items as you can find in our neighborhood. Then, send a photo of yourself, your child(ren), or other household member WITH the items you have collected to the Event team: email@example.com ALONG WITH your Leacroft home address BY THE DEADLINE to RECEIVE A PRIZE in the mail.
- Challenge runs from Easter Sunday – Friday, April 17th. Photo emails MUST BE RECEIVED BY midnight Friday, April 17th to receive a prize. (We are giving multiple days so that you can do this activity at your convenience and not everyone is participating at the same time.)
- Please observe all social distancing practices while completing this challenge!
- Please DO NOT TRESPASS on ANY personal property. All of these items are to be searched for in the common areas of Leacroft.
- Be sure to email a photo of yourself, your child(ren), or other household member WITH the items you have collected to the Event team: firstname.lastname@example.org ALONG WITH your Leacroft home address BY THE DEADLINE to RECEIVE A PRIZE in the mail.
- HAVE FUN!!!
We considered the value of sending everyone who completes the challenge a roll of toilet paper, but then thought the kids might not enjoy that so much. 🙂
But seriously, every household who sends a photo OF A HOUSEHOLD MEMBER with their items AND THEIR ADDRESS will receive a prize (not tp) in the mail. (One prize per address.)
Calling all Holiday Light Enthusiasts
The Leacroft Event Planning Team will be doing things a bit differently this year to choose the TOP TEN finalists for our Holiday Light Contest.
Do you have what it takes to WIN our CONTEST?!?!
ANYONE who wishes to be included in the contest should SIGN UP HERE (BY SUN, 12/15/19, at NOON).
The FIRST TEN neighbors to SIGN UP will be in the TOP TEN.
Then, everyone will have a chance to vote for their favorite house at our Holiday SL-HAY ride on Tuesday, December 10th.
So, if you want to have a chance to WIN $15, $25, or even $50 CASH, please SIGN UP HERE (BY SUN, 12/15/19, at NOON) and be sure to TURN ON your LIGHTS BY 5PM on 12/17/19!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.